Saturday 23 January 2016

Frugal Baby Tips from a First Time Mum

So I hear that having a baby is an expensive gig.

Having left a well paid job for a combination of freelancing and agency work at the beginning of the year, and with the husband having been out of work for the Summer and since taking a lower paid job, impending new baby does not seem to bode well.

However, what we do have is happiness. And our sanity...which we were both slowly (or not so slowly!) losing in our old jobs. Both of which mean much more to me in life than a hefty bank balance...which is just as well really. And anyone who read my old blog will know that I like a challenge when it comes to doing things on a budget. I was the girl who bought a flat and lived alone on a part time wage. I was the girl who renovated a house on as little as possible. Surely a baby can't be any more challenging than a room filled with brick dust? Said with the tongue in cheek naivety of a first time Mum...


So I thought I'd use this little blog as not only a diary of the remaining few weeks of my pregnancy (a maximum of 9 weeks, yikes!) but also a place to list all the useful money saving tips I've found, things I've bought (and not bought) and suchlike in the hope that not only will it help any other first time Mums who may stumble across this little blog, but also that it will be a useful reference for me for (ahem....*whispers*) any other possible future arrival.

So if there's anyone else here, happy reading!!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Le Monde Voit L'Avenir En Rose
Maira Gall