Tuesday 12 January 2016

New Year, New Challenges

So New Year goals are nothing new, are they? We all over indulge and over spend at Christmas, then spend January trying our hardest to make up for it. We're on a diet, no alcohol, no going out...trying to avoid those oh-so-tempting online sales....must....resist!! Sound familiar?

Not me, not this year. See this January, I'm fat anyway. Pregnant, fat, that is. And I'm the only one allowed to call myself that, right? Unless you want tears and a three day tantrum.


So yes, I have the perfect excuse not to diet, I'm not drinking anyway, I'm asleep on the sofa by 8pm so going out is non-existent and those online sales...? Well, nothing fits me right now other than leggings and stretchy vest tops, and please see afore mentioned lack of post-Christmas diet - who knows what clothes size I'll be by Summer. So online shopping is just a rat run of lovely clothes which make me glum. And I've run out of space for new pyjamas.

So what's a girl to do when the usual New Years Resolutions are thrown out the window?

My current blogging table!

Well this year I have decided to return to blogging. I miss writing. I deleted my old blog, Bibbitybob, two years ago when I realised that blog was full of the person I used to be and the life I used to live. I just didn't want that 'out there' forever anymore. The past few years have been rather busy you see - a new relationship which turned into a marriage (and a 'lets run off to New York and come back Mr & Mrs' marriage at that!), hard times, happy times, new careers for us both...brave and scary years which ultimately have brought us to this lovely place in 2016.


So here we are. A baby on the way. A naughty puppy. A lovely home which I'm constantly faffing with and trying to prettify, much to the husband's disgust. We are about to extend upwards with a loft conversion (with a baby due, are we mad?!). New careers. New challenges. New adventures. And now I have a new blog to document it all. And ultimately, a chance to indulge my passion for writing, even if nobody is reading.

Happy New Year, world. Let's make 2016 the best yet.

3 comments

  1. Many, many congratulations on the imminent arrive of Bibbity Junior! Wishing you all very best wishes as your new adventure unfolds!! Lots of love Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! Baby feels like a long way off yet, but I'm so excited and hoping for a safe arrival xxx

      Delete
    2. I am sure the time will fly - fabulous time to have a baby - you will have the whole of the spring and summer to enjoy with your tiny one! With love and best wishes xx

      Delete

© Le Monde Voit L'Avenir En Rose
Maira Gall